Monday, February 4, 2013

Blue Monday

Sad day... I took my sweet girl Sheila, my 12 year old Boxer mix, to the vet today and returned alone.  She had two seizures in the past few days and seemed unsteady on her feet.Her eyes had a haze and emptiness. She was a cancer survivor and after ruling out other possibilities, our vet said he believed it was a brain tumor. Not uncommon in Boxers. He actually said most Boxers he has treated get cancer if they live their full life span.  I couldn't stand to see her suffer so I made the hard decision. This is not my first rodeo , I have had many wonderful pets. I think if you suffer from chronic pain, such as Fibromyalgia, it puts you in a position to make the hard choices. I never want to keep an animal alive that is obviously terminal and suffering. I think my own pain and misery opens me to the freedom of death. I sure will miss her..she has been by my side through so many heartbreaks. I cant talk about her anymore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment