Friday, March 1, 2013

In Like a Lion

March-In like a Lion, out like a Lamb
What a difference a day makes. I certainly wasn't singing along with Prince this morning as I drove to work. The weather in East Tennessee has been miserable the past 24 hours...cold, windy and snow flurries. This type of weather wreaks havoc on CFS/FM patients. Today I could be singing Achy Breaky Heart (or legs, back, hands, etc .)  My hope for today is that the old adage is true "In like a lion, out like a lamb". Oh how I long for the warm winds of March. We really haven't had much of a winter, compared to the winters of my childhood. Anyone who thinks global warming is a fictional situation created by the far left is, in my opinion, a complete moron. That's as close to politics as I choose to wander.. I really don't want this blog to be a constant moaning and groaning about my miseries. I love humor and honestly could not survive a day without it. Even on my worst days , I try to prop up and at least watch a funny episode of some senseless TV show that will make me laugh. In my work (E911 Communications Director) each day is very stressful as you can imagine. I am primarily in an office as management, but i often listen to the calls when making recordings or working on Quality Assurance. Sometimes the calls are so heartbreaking it is almost intolerable. I am the supervisor of a fantastic group of employee's, the ones on the front lines answering the calls and getting help in route. These folks rarely get the praise or any type of acknowledgement of their jobs. The firefighters, paramedics, police officers and other on scene responders usually get the most attention, as they certainly deserve, but the chain starts with the phone call to 911...if they don't perform quickly and efficiently, help is not on the way. I don't want to be preachy, I just really appreciate all they do and what they have to hear and deal with day after day. Thank you to all dispatchers.   I haven't had any Chia seeds today, I will try to get back on the program tomorrow. Today was lunch with my sis and Chia seeds were not on the menu! Living in a tourist area we certainly have an abundance of restaurants to choose from. We decided on Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch and then on to Cracker Barrel for their Coca Cola Chocolate Cake...yep, warmed with vanilla ice cream.  Every week I say " I have never been so glad to see Friday". Today was no different. Work is a struggle for us folks with the plague, as I call it.  I pray that someone will find the answer and a cure for CFS/FM. I have several other family members with this condition, so I can't help but believe it has some type of genetic origins for some. My grandma Parton was bedridden with an unknown affliction. I will tackle that in a later post, tonight I'm just too tired. The Lion kicked my butt today...

No comments:

Post a Comment